In 2013 I gave up my apartment to live a nomadic life, while working on FormCrafts. I have since been to 23 countries, and lived in 8 of them.
Favorite travel memories:
- Travelling on my own for the first time and finding myself in a strange land – at a night club in Paris – and having my first ever panic attack.
- Cycling from Amsterdam to Utrecht with a stranger, and realizing how connections often cross boundaries of language and culture.
- Living in a co-living space, falling in love, and learning to say ‘Thank You’ in San Francisco.
- Volunteering in Melbourne as a server for a not-for-profit pay-what-you-can vegetarian organization that believed that everyone deserves a place at the table, irrespective of their ability to pay.
- Spending 2 weeks barefoot at a hippie festival in remote Sweden.
- Spending an autumn discovering magic mushrooms in Portland, and falling in love with trees.
- Solo hiking the Icelandic plains for 4 days, and being witness to unetheral beauty.
- Solo-hiking the Dolomites – a mountain range in Italy – and realizing that I don’t really like mountains.
- Visiting Toronto for the first time in the dead of winter and feeling the warmth of what a home must feel like.